DAILY TROY TOUR ITINERARY:
Early morning departure form Eceabat where you will cross
the famous Dardanelle waters and proceed to the ancient site
of Troy, 36km south of Çanakkale.
Our local english speaking guide will tour you around the 9
city ruins on the site of Troy explaining the people from
the era, their houses and culture and the reason for the
final destruction of each city.
The commentary is filled with mythical stories of the site
and surrounding areas while filling you in on the history of
the excavations, the excavators and their findings.
At the site you’ll be shown around:
• A replica of the wooden horse that you can climb into for
• Excavation information centre which holds exhibits from
the work underway.
• The fortification walls of Troy Vl with its tower and
• Temple of Athena - the focal point of a great annual
festival in honour of the goddess Athena.
• Schliemann’s trench - the discoverer of Troy?
• The entrance ramp to Troy ll.
• The sanctuary - an important religious centre of its time.
• The odeon – intended for the presentation of musical
• Current excavations in progress
Transportation including ferry ride and
For information and contact email@example.com